Love....

Call me naive, call me young, call me what you want… I believe in love. I look at my children and know that I would lay my life down to save theirs… without hesitation… without a second thought. I believe in love that doesn’t ignore wrongs, but pushes past it to find the right. I have known love that stands as a wall around me in the face of adversity, protecting me from a harsh world. I have seen love that silences personal thoughts and opinions, to spare pain from the one they love. I have witnessed love that casts the perfect shadow in the scorching heat of heartbreak. I believe in that giddy, conquers all, we can take on the world love…
I trust love… I trust that no matter what happens, love will see us through. I trust that love can see my mistakes and beauty at the same time, never loving me any less. I don’t believe what “they” say when they tell me love will make me weak. Love has picked me up when I couldn't find my own way, filling the gap that exists between making my weakness a strength. I believe love is patient, because it knows it cannot be denied… Love is what wakes me up in the middle of the night to pray for my children. Love is what guided me out of harm’s way… Love is what protected me from the things I didn't understand, but wanted so badly to know.
Love has mended the heart of the most shattered people. Love has provided warmth in life’s coldest days, reminding me I am not alone. My family did not just say they loved me, they showed me… There were plenty of times they could have turned their back, leaving me to muddle in my own pool of wrong… but love picked me up, cleaned me off, and carried my head up high until I gained the strength to do it on my own.Even though many people masquerade lust as love, I will not be swayed… I will not give up, because I believe in love… I have experienced too much love to ever turn my back on it. Love cannot be seen, it is always felt, but in the most needed moments, it wraps itself around us like skin, marking all that we touch with our love prints…
I pray that life never robs us of the treasure, that is love. Too many times we give up on love because someone abused it… Someone broke us. We become afraid to feel the warmth of love flee, so we choose to adjust to the cold of this world…

Comments

The Good News said…
When you serve someone else, your heart gets healed as well. What a difference we’ll make if, when we look at others, we say, “Love starts with me.” We learned love starts with a choice and not necessarily a feeling. Love is being kind, considerate, listening, helping, serving and etc. we can choose to do these things even if we don’t feel love and the amazing thing is that when we sincerely do them we will feel love for them.
The Good News said…
Love is not premeditated—it is spontaneous; that is, it bursts forth in extraordinary ways. There is nothing of precise certainty in Paul’s description of love. We cannot predetermine our thoughts and actions by saying, “Now I will never think any evil thoughts, and I will believe everything that Jesus would have me to believe.” No, the characteristic of love is spontaneity. We don’t deliberately set the statements of Jesus before us as our standard, but when His Spirit is having His way with us, we live according to His standard without even realizing it. And when we look back, we are amazed at how unconcerned we have been over our emotions, which is the very evidence that real spontaneous love was there.
The Good News said…
If we try to prove to God how much we love Him, it is a sure sign that we really don’t love Him. The evidence of our love for Him is the absolute spontaneity of our love, which flows naturally from His nature within us. And when we look back, we will not be able to determine why we did certain things, but we can know that we did them according to the spontaneous nature of His love in us. The life of God exhibits itself in this spontaneous way because the fountains of His love are in the Holy Spirit.
The Good News said…
When we are weak and hardly able to talk, love ones that are transcending. say “Just be with me.” That's more important than anything in those dark moments .... family and love one's loving presence.
In the darkest moments of our life, we can have the assurance of His loving presence giving us confidence that we are not alone. He gives us the grace to endure, the wisdom to know He is working, and the assurance that Christ can “ He empathize with our weaknesses...The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid” - Hebrews 13:6
The Good News said…
It's interesting that in our time psychological and sociological studies have demonstrated that having more money than other people doesn't make you necessarily happier than them, having a higher IQ than other people doesn't necessarily make you happier than them, etc. Solomon had it all to the extreme but didn't find any of it ultimately satisfying. And that's why I believe the Book of Ecclesiastes is part of our Bible, to underscore for us that pursuing wealth, knowledge, pleasure etc is not ultimately going to satisfy us. If that's the way we think and live our lives we are ultimately going to be frustrated. The Bible would instead point us to relationships. As Jesus once said the greatest commandment is to love God with all of our hearts and the 2nd which is nearly as important is to love our neighbors as ourselves. Again, recent studies I've read demonstrate that the happiest people, the most content with their lives are those who have a strong spiritual connection with God and wholesome relationships with other people around them.
The Good News said…
‘If God gave it to me’, we say, ‘it’s mine. I can do what I want with it.’ No. The truth is that it is ours to thank Him for and ours to offer back to Him, . . . ours to let go of.”..1 Chronicles 29:14, “Everything we have has come from you, and we give you only what you first gave us”?

Popular Posts