" How far would I go for God? "

When I was asked " How far would I go for God?" I first thought of how hungry I am for God. Psalms 42 comes to mind:

As the deer pants for streams of water, 
so my soul pants for you, my God. 
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. 
When can I go and meet with God?

 I thought about how desperate we have to become, to set out and pursue the One who pursues us. We have to counted the cost and say, “ It's well worth it – to know not how, but to go after God despite everything.”  Who woke us up in the morning and put  us in our right mind? Giving us life each any everyday, we can't do that for ourselves. Many times it's not until we hit rock bottom, that we realize God is going that far for us, to pick us up out of our mess, walking each step of the way with us.

Think about it...the Father who gave everything that we might know life in all its fullness. Holding nothing back, the Father delights in us, sings over us, chases after us, cares deeply about us, and sent His only Son to die for us. And what should be the only possible response to this wonderful love? . . . To hold nothing back of ourselves.

I believe that, God wants us to enjoy life in every way possible. But do we want to, or are we satisfied with our old, miserable, negative situation? it's your responsibility to make the first move. Once we understand this, then it is really up to us on how far we want to go. God has made a provision for everything we need. Now He is waiting for us to take that first step. Until we take it, we will just sit and be ineffective. Isn't it amazing, it takes, the coming to the end of ourselves to gain this knowledge, to be completely broken.. to open our eyes. 

Comments

Popular Posts