Jesus Our Grace

God has put on my heart, the mercy of grace, he gives to those who fight a invisible illness. It's a internal fight we have that in a second we are fighting from day to night. Grace can come from a love one that was place in the middle to give us help and comfort through that difficult time, going to the ER or hospital. Or a grief of losing a child and someone comes close, when there seems to be no way out of this sorrow. The shock of grief seems to stop everything, and then God's grace gives us momentum to carry us through, when there is no reason to move forward.

I've learned through each anguish moment in my life..Jesus is that grace given to me to make it through the other side. Even on the cross Jesus was place between the two thieves..one wanted the pain done with and die a lone..but the other want to find Jesus in his suffering. (Luke 23:39-43) Jesus is our grace and promise of peace and paradise wherever we find ourselves. Jesus wants to be in the middle, our grace, he want to go through our suffering so we can see his paradise, his sweetness, his deliverance.


“Jesus himself did not try to convert the two thieves on the cross; he waited until one of them turned to him.” 
― Dietrich BonhoefferLetters and Papers from Prison-

Comments

The Good News said…
Scripture says, “Like vinegar poured on a wound, is one who sings songs to a heavy heart” (Proverbs 25:20). Even though words of comfort are meant to soothe, in the early days of grief many of them sting like vinegar.
Timing is everything, and God is a pro at timing. He knows grief isn't a puzzle to be quickly solved or a hurdle to jump immediately. Instead He stands next to us until our torrent of tears lessens, knowing we'll hear His words better after that. He says, “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you” (Isaiah 66:13), and just like a mom who instinctively knows what her children need, when the time is right, God soothes our tattered spirits.
So the same messages that once felt like vinegar in a wound becomes a rich source of sustenance and comfort, building within us the will to move forward.
How abundant are the good things that you [Lord] have stored up for those who take refuge in you. —Psalm 31:19 Lord, teach me how to accept the comfort offered by others and through it, to move forward. He has “borne our griefs and carried our sorrows” (Isaiah. 53:4).Amen!
The Good News said…
Have you ever found yourself so sad you don't know why, were is this coming from?I found one sentence in Psalm 43, Why art thou cast down, O my soul? David had to quiets himself ..God had done so much, there is no reason for this depression, my hope is in God he will deliver me!
The Good News said…
Psalms 42, is actually the extension of Psalms 43.. David is speaking to his soul, about this on going depression grief that keeps overwhelming him, “in turmoil.” In verse 3 he says, “My tears have been my food day and night.” So he is discouraged to the point of crying day and night. In verse 7 he says that it feels like drowning: “All your breakers and your waves have gone over me.” When these thoughts and feeling flood our minds it feels like deep upon deep, a waterfall pouring down on us and it seems there is no way to escape. In Psalms 43 we hear David fighting these thoughts that invade his soul...but even more in Psalms 42,in all of this, he is fighting for hope. Verse 5: “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.” Verse 11: “Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you in turmoil within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my salvation and my God.” He is not surrendering to the emotions of discouragement. He is fighting back.
The Good News said…
I myself am battling a deep depression.. at the end of the both Psalms 42 and 43 , David is still fighting depression. So I assume these psalm in the Bible is by God’s design and that if we listen carefully, if we watch this psalmist struggle, if we meditate on this instruction day and night, our thoughts about God and life, on the one hand, and our emotions, on the other hand, will be shaped by God. And we will become like a tree that bears fruit and whose leaves don’t wither when the drought of oppression and discouragement and turmoil comes.

Popular Posts