The Widow Who Gave Two Mites, Mark 12:41-44

Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much.  Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites,which is very small copper coins worth a fraction of a penny So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them,“Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury;  for they all put in out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had, her whole livelihood.”- Mark 12:41-44

Reading this amazing story, made me realize that my obedience even in the smallest detail of life has all of the omnipotent power of the grace of God behind it. If I will do my duty, not for duty’s sake but because I believe God is engineering my circumstances, then at the very point of my obedience all of the magnificent grace of God is mine through the glorious atonement by the Cross of Christ.

 When there is nothing left but God, that is when you find out that God is all you need.
When I cast all my cares on God, He allows me 
to explore adventures in my life I would have missed. In the meantime, God deals with my life issues in ways I never would have thought of. Even better, He will sometimes use the very issues the enemy was trying to hold me back with and use them to move me forward.



Comments

Popular Posts