“Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?”

Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people, “Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Messiah?”  They came out of the town and made their way toward him.- John 4 verse 29-30
I believed the people believed what she was saying because it was more about HIM then herself..we intent to put ourselves before everything else, this women became an apostle, an evangelist. The truth bares wittiness even to the point she wasn't embarrassed about her sins. 

The Word has to be living, alive in our own soul..we aren't trying to rub so hard, to make our own mirrors into plane glass. We have to look right in front of ourselves, not through to point a finger.

She had found HIS treasure, she called together her friends and neighbors ( Luke 15:9), not only to rejoice with her, but to share with her, knowing there was enough to enrich herself and all that would partake with her. She tells them plainly what induced her to admire HIM:  He has told me all things that ever I did. Oh to be free in Christ!


Comments

The Good News said…

I'm a men of limited means and I was thinking how..when I was able I would seek the work that needed to be done. Now the Lord brings me the work..His work to be done.. We could have, the misfortune to be bedridden, or limited to a prison cell or hospital bed. But Jesus could give us living water, just like the story in John 4..the Samaritan Women at Jacob's Well...

Popular Posts