" Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief."

The Lord has been speaking to my heart, about Mark 9 :24. It's about a father who has a son that has a demon spirit of being deaf and dumb. And the caring and keeping of his son from harm all these years has pledged his soul. When the father says " Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief, I had a revelation, that he believed God... but not the situation for his son. 

We wrestle with our own belief, if God,  is big enough to handle our problems, we have been dealing with for years.. that son that is on drugs or that cancer you have been living with for 15 years etc. If was the father's appeal to Jesus to look deep within his soul to help him with this struggle of being tried of not believing, being wore down to besought  for is poor son.

Dealing with my own searching of my soul, I remember how It’s easy to forget the storms of last week when we’re faced with the storms of today. I need to reflect on his protection and goodness through the past storms to help me through today’s, Peter started to sink when he began to doubt,  I have to remember those times I have seen Jesus work in my life and when the lord has lifted me up, so when facing these storms of my life. Jesus can see how strong I have stayed in my faith. I have seen his work in my life before and in faith I will see it again.

" Lord, I believe, but help my unbelief."

Comments

The Good News said…
.“Ask, and it will be given to you…” (Matthew 7:7), that's exactly how I was feeling..not worthily of asking for myself..At times God will appear like an unkind friend, but He is not; He will appear like an unnatural father, but He is not; He will appear like an unjust judge, but He is not. I must keep the thought that the mind of God is behind all things strong and growing. Not even the smallest detail of life happens unless God’s will is behind it. Therefore, I can rest in perfect confidence in Him. Prayer is not only asking, but is an attitude of the mind which produces the atmosphere in which asking is perfectly natural.

Popular Posts