" A Pot of Oil "

The Bible says He is the God who made something out of nothing, who "gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they are." He can overcome any and every circumstance and will use whatever we surrender to Him.
Look at what you have. Those of you who lost jobs. What do you have? Opportunities? What skills do you have? How about Connections? Passions? Ideas?
Start with what you do have, not what you don’t have.
Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?" "Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil."
2 Kings 4:2

by Scott Ridout

Comments

The Good News said…
The oil kept coming were the woman ran out of vessels to fill the oil..she was able to sell the oil to pay her bills and keep her land..When I first read this passage of scripture..I was in a bad way..needed to go food shopping..After reading 2 King chapter 4..it build my faith and I walked into that supermarket with $30 and a hand full of coupons..and I was believing that, that same oil that multiplied, for the widow and her son..would filled my shopping cart...and by faith I checked out with a overflowing cart..Hallelujah!!..As soon as I say, “I believe ‘God shall supply all [my] need,’ ” the testing of my faith begins (Philippians 4:19). When my strength runs dry and my vision is blinded, will I endure this trial of my faith victoriously or will I turn back in defeat?

Popular Posts