....Do you love Me? —John 21:17

I was reading.....Do you love Me? —John 21:17, Jesus had ask Peter this question, and he had asked three times, and Peter was very hurt by this. I believe Jesus was distinguishing a difference of emotional love and the deep hurting love. Any natural person loves a good person. Yet that is nothing but emotional love. It may reach deeply into our natural self, but it never penetrates to the spirit of a person. True love never simply declares itself.
In my quiet time.... when the Lord asks me this question, it is impossible to think and respond properly, because when the Lord speaks directly to me, the pain is too intense. It causes such a tremendous hurt that any part of my life which may be out of line with His will, can feel the pain. There is never any mistaking the pain of the Lord’s Word by His children, but the moment that pain is felt is the very moment at which God reveals His truth to me.

Comments

The Good News said…
“…strengthen your brethren…” Some trials of life leave us wondering why. Why must I go through this? Is God angry at me? Have I missed something?” And when we struggle through those trials, as Simon did when he denied knowing the Lord, we ask, “Have I disqualified myself?” But the irony is, Simon would have had nothing to say to his brothers had he not had his struggles. He was able to strengthen them because he became aware of his own weakness, and like Paul, he realized that God’s grace is sufficient, and God’s strength is made perfect in weakness. Thus, we find that Peter had to become weak in order to provide strength.
Today I found out that Pastor William Carrol passed away from a illness, he has been battling for years. The Pastor always put Jesus first whether then the torn in his side. Pastor William Carrol said, describing being homeless for more than three years, sleeping in parks and subway cars, before someone convinced him to attend a service at the Times Square Church, which Mr. Wilkerson founded in 1987. “The witness in me said this man knows what he’s preaching,” Mr. Carrol said, explaining that he was compelled to enter Mr. Wilkerson’s fold.

Popular Posts