On the road he saw a man from Ethiopia...Act 8 : 29-40

When I think about the Gospel, I'm reminded of Act 8 : 29-40, when Philip got ready and went. On the road he saw a man from Ethiopia. Philip asked him, “Do you understand what you are reading?” The man answered, “How can I understand? I need someone to explain it to me.” Then he invited Philip to climb in and sit with him. To go out and tell the good news to anyone and everyone, is what Jesus command us to do, Matthew 28:18-20. “Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15)– it is His great mandate.

For me the Gospel is showing the love of Christ, in a falling world. Many young people today seriously question whether life is something good, and have a hard time finding their way. More generally, however, young people look at the difficulties of our world and ask themselves: is there anything I can do? The light of faith illumines this darkness. It helps us to understand that every human life is priceless because each of us is the fruit of God’s love. God loves everyone, even those who have fallen away from him or disregard him. God waits patiently.

Comments

Popular Posts