“And you complained in your tents“

I have to confess..during the Holiday Seasons, I get overwhelmed with a depression that brings me into a spiritual battle, that cripples me with sadness of  missing passed love ones and of illness. During, fasting and praying, God knocked me over with ..we often find ourselves with, ungrateful attitudes (Deuteronomy 1:27) “And you complained in your tents, and said, ‘Because the Lord hates us, He has brought us out of the land of Egypt to deliver us into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy us’'.

Do we occasionally, “in the privacy of our homes,” complain? Giving attitude about how God is working with us personally? What is our attitude about how long God is allowing certain trials to continue in our lives? What about our attitude toward our spiritual brothers and sisters in our local congregations? Are we thankful...
It is appropriate to have a respectful difference of opinion, and to discern what is right or wrong (1 Corinthians 6:2–3).  But, do we ever fall into a wrong attitude of criticism and complaint toward God? 
Although we are now more technologically advanced than the ancient Israelite who murmured in their tents, the fact remains—if we murmur, whether in person, over the phone, via e-mail, or on Facebook, we are still murmuring!


Comments

The Good News said…
The first habit we should develop is the habit of recognizing God’s provision for us. We say, however, “Oh, I can’t afford it.” One of the worst lies is wrapped up in that statement. We talk as if our heavenly Father has cut us off without a penny! We think it is a sign of true humility to say at the end of the day, “Well, I just barely got by today, but it was a severe struggle.” And yet all of Almighty God is ours in the Lord Jesus! And He will reach to the last grain of sand and the remotest star to bless us if we will only obey Him. Does it really matter that our circumstances are difficult? Why shouldn't they be! If we give way to self-pity and indulge in the luxury of misery, we remove God’s riches from our lives and hinder others from entering into His provision. No sin is worse than the sin of self-pity, because it removes God from the throne of our lives, replacing Him with our own self-interests. It causes us to open our mouths only to complain, and we simply become spiritual sponges— always absorbing, never giving, and never being satisfied. And there is nothing lovely or generous about our lives.
The Good News said…
When the Israelites lived in the desert, it must have seemed a great trial to have no food left at the end of each day. But God knew that if He provided more than one day’s supply at a time, the people would stop looking to Him. This “trial” kept their attention on their Provider.
The Good News said…
Our misgivings begin within ourselves when we tell Jesus that our circumstances are just a little too difficult for Him. We say, “It’s easy to say, ’Trust in the Lord,’ but a person has to live; and besides, Jesus has nothing with which to draw water— no means to be able to give us these things.” And beware of exhibiting religious deceit by saying, “Oh, I have no misgivings about Jesus, only misgivings about myself.” If we are honest, we will admit that we never have misgivings or doubts about ourselves, because we know exactly what we are capable or incapable of doing. But we do have misgivings about Jesus. And our pride is hurt even at the thought that He can do what we can’t.
My misgivings arise from the fact that I search within to find how He will do what He says. My doubts spring from the depths of my own inferiority. If I detect these misgivings in myself, I should bring them into the light and confess them openly—
The Good News said…
I have been realizing how I would be murmuring on how God has delivered me m my trail. I would get upset,when God doesn't rescue me my way and knowing HE never fail me.Rather than leaving my old self behind, I decide that I'm better off cleaning it up and maybe even dressing it in some designer clothes. I figure that it’s enough if I take the old self to church and even teach it some Bible verses. If the old self goes on a missions trip or puts some money in the offering plate, maybe it will be harmless.
But before long, it will be obvious that the old self isn’t as dead as we thought. And when the old traits of my old self revive, I'll pulled back into temptations and patterns of behaviour that I thought I’d left behind. The old self fights against all that I want in Jesus
The Good News said…
The degree of hopelessness I have for others comes from never realizing that God has done anything for me. Is my own personal experience such a wonderful realization of God’s power and might that I can never have a sense of hopelessness for anyone else I see? Has any spiritual work been accomplished in me at all? The degree of panic activity in my life is equal to the degree of my lack of personal spiritual experience.
The Good News said…
Do I really believe that God will do in me what I cannot do? The degree of hopelessness I have for others comes from never realizing that God has done anything for me. in my own personal experience ..

Popular Posts