"Cast Your Bread upon the Waters.."-Ecclesiastes 11:1

This morning during my devotions ..God placed a verse in my spirit, Cast your bread on the surface of the waters, for you will find it after many days-.Ecclesiastes 11:1"I said Lord what does this mean?" So I went deep into scriptures, starting with Deuteronomy 15:10Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to. So I said okay Lord this is a way of saying, “Give your stuff to the needy in a way that might seem wasteful, as wasteful as throwing bread upon the waters, and you will be rewarded.” Then this point would be, is to do something now for a reward that cannot be immediately seen.

Then I went to Matthew 10:42.."And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward." We don't have to worry how can my kindness be repay backed to us..that thought should have never enter our mind..it should not even be apart of the decision making. 

What brought it home for me was Hebrews 6:10.. God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. God has promised to reward every good work and labor of love, and he will surely reward ours; God's promise is God's debt.

Comments

Popular Posts