Miserable Comforters -Job 16

The Lord has been dealing with me about my abandonment issues. Lately it has stem more deeply from my childhood, ever since my illness, abandonment has magnified to the point that it is so painful to even write these words. The Lord, would not let me sleep, having me read Job chapter 16. Like with Job, during a tragic situation, your family and friends circle around you to comfort you and give condolences. But soon you feel the distance and abandonment, once they see you situation not getting any better or even worst. I had one friend visit me...when she saw that I wasn't the person I once was, she knew so well, she admitted to me later on that when she excused herself to go to her car...she took a moment to cry. That was the way it was with Job's friends, they first were quiet and mourn with him. Then, Job had to later defend himself against their unkind comfort toward him, Miserable comforters are you all, who, instead of offering any thing to alleviate the affliction, add affliction to it, and make it yet more grievous.”Job 16:1-5.

What Job says here of his friends is true of all of us, when we are under convictions of sin, terrors of conscience, and the arrests of death, it is only the blessed Spirit that can comfort effectually; Some how our comforters, turn the tables and feel how does our tragic situation effect them. They should say and do all they can to strengthen those who need comfort, suggesting to us to be encouraged our confidence in God and to support our sinking spirits. Faith and patience are the strength of the afflicted.

Comments

The Good News said…
You can see in every aspect, the division the world is in. I have to detox my mind from all the negativity, watching what I hear or see. In Job 30, Job was beaten up by a mob of young people Job 30:9 “And now those young men mock me in song;I have become a byword among them.They expressed the great hate against him. They spat in his face, or were ready to do so; they tripped up his heels, pushed away his feet (Job 30:12), kicked him,in sport.They saw him as a loathsome being, abhorred him, fled far from him, (Job 30:10), as an ugly monster or as one infected. Not knowing what he had been through in the earlier chapter, were the devil tormented him ... they did all they could to add to his miseries and make them more grievous to him. This is what we hear in the news today, the violence of hate. When I read Job chapter 30, I see the abuse Jesus took on in Isaiah chapter 53.
The Good News said…
The people you meet who affect your life and the successes and downfalls you experience create who you are, and even the bad experiences can be learned from, In fact, they are probably the poignant and important ones.
If someone hurts you, betrays you or breaks your heart, forgive them, for they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to whom you open your heart... If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because they are teaching you to love and opening your heart and eyes to things you would have never seen or felt without them.

Popular Posts