“ O God, strengthen my hands.” -Nehemiah 6:9

I want to give a shout out to those who didn't give up on their start up business and now going to the next level. And that single mother or father that took up those college classes to get that degree. In Nehemiah chapter 6, Nehemiah is finishing the wall, and those naysayers now see that he is actually getting it done and  try and distract him from reaching his goal. Nehemiah prayed for the strength of God to complete the job he had been called to do.“For they all made us afraid, saying, Their hands shall be weakened from the work, that it be not done. Now therefore, O God, strengthen my hands.” -Nehemiah 6:9 Maybe  you have known what it is God wants you to do, but then came all of these other things, distractions.Nehemiah was the cup bearer to the king which we would consider a wine taster, somebody to make sure that the wine hadn’t been poisoned. But, Nehemiah was much more than that. Nehemiah working for King Artaxerxes I, he gets this burden for his city and he hears how terrible things are in Jerusalem and so he does a very risky thing. The surrounding regions felt very, very defensive and very threatened by the fact that Nehemiah was rebuilding this wall. So finally they got to the place where the wall was almost complete and they were about to rebuild the gates and Sanballat realized this isn’t working.So he decided a different strategy. Sanballat decided to try to distract Nehemiah from the work and to actually get him outside the city and once he was outside the city to put him to death because they realized if we can kill Nehemiah certainly the people will become discouraged and they will give up on this crazy idea of rebuilding the wall. And, in Nehemiah Chapter 6, we find this encounter between Sanballat and Nehemiah as Sanballat tries to distract Nehemiah from the work  

Comments

The Good News said…
For me this was the first concept of Jesus turning water in to wine..John 2:1-11. The water changed to wine because they invited Jesus the .wedding in Cana of Galilee. We lay awake at night, we complain to one another about our problems..but we don't invite Jesus into our situation. The miracle happen, because they told Him what they need...And what ever He tells you to do just do it!
The Good News said…
Have you been propping up that foolish soul of yours with the idea that your circumstances are too much for God to handle? Set all your opinions and speculations aside and “abide under the shadow of the Almighty” (Psalm 91:1). Deliberately tell God that you will not fret about whatever concerns you. All our fretting and worrying is caused by planning without God.
The Good News said…
Sure, I bless my meals in the name of the Lord, and I'll say things like, “Lord willing, we'll get this project finished on time.” But in truth, when I walk onto the field of battle—be it work, or a difficult relationship, or an ongoing temptation—I cling to my own strength, my own skills, my own weapons of war. I hedge my bets and qualify my promises and trust in myself to get the job done. I am like Goliath, invoking the name of a deity I don’t really trust, and faking my way with a lot of bluster and faith in past accomplishments.
What would it be like to live David’s faith?
The Good News said…
“He seals up the hand of every man, so that all men may know His work.“-Job 37:7. Speaks to me about the awesome power of God, it's the helpless feeling we feeling when the weather is raging out of control. Only God can save us from despair. We come to the conclusion that only God can step in and save us,from a hurricane that ravages a whole country or countries in it's path. Or a tornado that ripe up houses and building with no effort...etc. etc. We need to have this feeling all the time, with our hands close, allowing God to be God..knowing we can't do it without him. I believe that God has marked our hands, that they would tell all the good or bad fortune we may have during life; and he has done this that all men, by examining our hands, may know HIS work!

Popular Posts