"The Letter"

Yesterday, I got one of those letters in the mail from the Doctor. You know, one of those letters you get in the mail, that makes you say..." Were is my Faith?" I have to be honest, I prayed so hard for God to give me a word, "I can't take this!" You know how it feels when you get one of the letters, and eviction notice, a final notice bill, etc. I know I'm talking to someone....Well this morning God gave me a word, I would like to share.......

Hebrews 11:1 describes faith as “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Another way of saying that is “knowing that God will honour His Word.”

Reason can be the enemy of faith, because it attempts to “trump” trust in God by encouraging us to rely on human intellect. This kind of logical thinking places confidence in man, but since we are not all-knowing or all-powerful, it leads to insecurity and worry.

All the while, God waits patiently for man to acknowledge his need of a Saviour and then respond in faith. Reason says, “I can do it.” Faith says, “With God, all things are possible” (Matt. 19:26). Reason says, “Hurry and get yours before it’s gone.” Faith responds, “My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:19). Reason wrings its hands and says, “There has to be a better way!” Faith looks at Jesus and hears Him whisper, “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6). I hope this encourage someone, like it encouraged me....Amen Amen....

Comments

Popular Posts