"Speak"

In my devotions this morning I read my favourite verse in 1 Samuel 3:1-21, It talks of Samuel as a boy hearing God speak to him, at first Samuel thought it was Eli, his father speaking, but Eli told him it must be God, be still and listen. Samuel did not now rise and run as before when he thought Eli called, but lay still and listened. The more sedated and composed our spirits are the better prepared we are for divine discoveries. We have to let all tumultuous thoughts and passions be kept under, and every thing be quiet and serene in our soul, and then we are fit to hear from God. All must be silent when HE speaks. But observing, Samuel, he left out one word; he did not say, Speak, Lord, but only, "Speak", for thy servant hear. I too get caught up with the noise in my head and the things going on around me, and sometimes I fail to listen to that small quiet voice of God. We can be so busy sometimes, for no reason, we just have to set still and ask God to Speak to our minds and hearts.

Comments

The Good News said…
Samuel's name means: "God heard my prayers!" Time after time we read of the people urging Samuel, "Pray for us." It was because they'd learned to trust his prayers! And in these last days, there is going to be a praying remnant whom people will seek for prayer as well. People will run to find them, crying, "I know someone who touches God!" - Pastor David Wilkerson-

Popular Posts