I Apologise

You know, it's all about a relationship with God, not a religion, that's how I answer when someone asks me "What religion am I". There has to be something more "personal" to deepening ones belief, specially when life has a way of driving our faith dangerously close to the edge. What we expect from God so often seems to contradict what we experience in life. We find ourselves wanting to ask: If God is good, then why did this happen? If God is all-powerful, then where is He now? If God loves me, why am I not happier? Richer? Why don’t I have fewer problems and more peace? If God is pleased with me, why don’t I experience more pleasure?

Unanswered questions like these threaten our enthusiasm and heartfelt commitment to our beliefs. We find our faith growing more stoic, our view of God less emotive. We are left to slug it out on our own, believing that the only relevant resources are in this present world.

I believe that man is fraud, and if we place our faith in man, we are bounded to be let down, so this is were we have to dig deep and ask what is the lesson in not getting what we want, are we being protected from a Higher Power, in being supplied with what we need.

We have assumed that this world should be a pleasant and friendly place and that the answers to the troublesome questions of life can be found in the temporal realm. We have assumed that the answers to life’s dilemmas lie somewhere within us, among us, or within the realm of the immediate world around us.

Comments

Popular Posts