"Moses used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away" (II Corinthians 3:13).

"Moses used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel would not look intently at the end of what was fading away" (2 Corinthians 3:13). This verse reminds me why Jesus spoke in parables, to hide the hidden treasures of the Kingdom to those that need to search out the true meaning of God's heart to us. At first, Moses placed the veil on his face to "help" the people. Exodus 34:30 tells us that the people "were afraid" of Moses' shining face because he had been with the Lord. To comfort the people, Moses put a "veil" over his face to "hide the glory." But Paul tells us that the veil ended up hiding the fact that "the glory was fading." It was almost Moses's ego that came into play...there will become a time were the old laws of religious rituals and traditions that ends up leaving God out of the church, would soon fade out. 

It all comes back to spending time with Jesus, we don't gain anything by everyone giving the same dress, the same talk, the same look, the same act, the same being the same(that is the church) . We then would feel more comfortable with the law than we do the Spirit. 

Comments

The Good News said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Good News said…
Facing a terminal illness, and any little negativity that invade my life, Moses's words to God, keep playing in my heart and mind. When God called Moses to lead His people out of Egypt, He didn’t promise him power. Instead, He promised His presence: “I will be with you” (Exodus 3:12). In Jesus’s last words to His disciples before His crucifixion, He also promised God’s eternal presence, which they would receive through the Holy Spirit (John 15:26)Moses said, “If your presence doesn’t take the lead here, call this trip off right now. How else will it be known that you’re with me in this, with me and your people? Are you traveling with us or not? How else will we know that we’re special, I and your people, among all other people on this planet Earth- Exodus 33:14-16 The Message.

It's so easy, when we are hit with all kinds of trouble that makes us go down into a spiral. Then we ask ourselves “We is God? ” With each disappointment I got lead down a dark valley. Until I got sick of my pity party...I observe how earnest Moses is in this matter; he begs as one that would take no for an answer. “Here we will stay till we obtain thy favour; like Jacob, I will not let thee go except thou bless me.” That is what God is waiting for, enough is enough..do you know who you are!
The Good News said…
Yesterday, I got one of those letters in the mail from the Doctor. You know, one of those letters you get in the mail, that makes you say..." Were is my Faith?" I have to be honest, I prayed so hard for God to give me a word, I can't take this! You know how it feels when you get one of the letters, and eviction notice, a final notice bill, etc. I know I'm talking to someone....Well this morning God gave me a word, I would like to share.......Hebrews 11:1 describes faith as “the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” Another way of saying that is “knowing that God will honour His Word.”
Reason can be the enemy of faith, because it attempts to “trump” trust in God by encouraging us to rely on human intellect. This kind of logical thinking places confidence in man, but since we are not all-knowing or all-powerful, it leads to insecurity and worry.
All the while, God waits patiently for man to acknowledge his need of a Saviour and then respond in faith. Reason says, “I can do it.” Faith says, “With God, all things are possible” (Matt. 19:26). Reason says, “Hurry and get yours before it’s gone.” Faith responds, “My God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:19). Reason wrings its hands and says, “There has to be a better way!” Faith looks at Jesus and hears Him whisper, “I am the way, the truth, and the life” (John 14:6). I hope this encourage someone, like it encouraged me....Amen Amen....

Popular Posts