John 20..Our Fickleness..

During my devotions this morning the Lord took me to John 20, starting out... Mary Magdalene came to see the body of Jesus. This puzzles me because all through Jesus' missionary he told everyone he came to die and be risen on the third day. So the doubt was so great with Mary coming to to wash the dead body, and to anoint the body with the ointment she had prepared. And what is up with Peter and maybe John running to the tomb, once Mary told them in John 20:1-10..what was the hurry? We become so fickle..one week we are praising Jesus on Plam  Sunday Matthew 21:9..then in 5 days later we are crying crucify Him!
I believe Peter and John went to the tomb, to satisfy themselves of the truth of what was told them, and to see if they could make any further discoveries, John 20:3,4. When Mary told them what she had seen, they would not in this sense take her word, but would go and see with their own eyes.It isn't that Jesus wasn't telling the truth...its our fickleness in our heart to believe the truth. What is the reason that we are so slow of heart to believe? 

Comments

The Good News said…
" No matter how sane you think you are, we all have inner voices that compete for control; voices that are not always positive. I confess to hearing the compelling whispers of the dark side of my heart on a regular basis. Whispers that advise and plan ways for me to live for my own advantage. Whispers that convincingly argue that a life lived by the lure of my desires is life at its best. Whispers that tell me I am clever enough not to get caught, that nobody is perfect, that God understands my weakness and will forgive me. Tell me that I am not alone and that you can identify!"
" I have learned that when those kinds of inner voices dominate, I often look back in regret and shame for letting them grab the control levers of my life. They promise me life at its best but consistently leave me empty, disappointed, guilty and embarrassed. "
The Good News said…
" He speaks to each and everyone of us through His word. What He may speak to me may not be what it says to you. We are all different and He speaks to each of us according to what we need. But we all in some way are learning the lessons to trust and obey Him. Praise to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Thank you for Your Word.
God bless you. "
The Good News said…
God engineers circumstances to see what we will do. Will we be the children of our Father in heaven, or will we go back again to the meaner, common-sense attitude? Will we stake all and stand true to Him? “Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.” The crown of life means I shall see that my Lord has got the victory after all, even in me.

Popular Posts