Thomas in John 20 :25-29

I was thinking about Thomas in John 20 :25-29. even though Thomas had seen miracles, and witnessed many demonstrations of Jesus' supernatural power, the crucifixion shook Thomas faith to the core. And I'm thinking about all these people today, whose faith has been shaken to the core. A mother who lost her child to cancer, a father who lost his daughter in a car accident. That sister that got a bad doctor's report. And that husband and father who just lost his job, and don't know what to do.
In my heart I believe Thomas needed something tangible, something from Jesus, just like those people who suffer a great lost ... " Lord I've been through so much, I'm holding on by a thread..I believe, but help my unbelief." Jesus told Thomas " Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
Today we have to get real ..and ask ourselves " What do I need in order to believe, for my faith to become real..

Comments

The Good News said…
The Lord has taken me deeper, in why Thomas said “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”-John 20:25. Thomas is coming from a place of temperament, maybe the reason Thomas had stayed behind was a spirit of sadness and disappointment. Thomas, had requested to see the scars and feel them for his own proof of belief. The Lord had took me through my own window, of temperament my relationship with my own Father. Growing up I would look through my Father through his own scars and suffering in his own life...battling alcoholism. A child wants to see the truth of reality, even though the story has never been told...figuratively speaking , maybe my Father's staying back like Thomas, from seeing Jesus...could be the actions of his only brother killed in a tragic car crash, or the actions in Vietnam War , even his own turmoil relationship with his own Father. We will never know, only God.

Popular Posts